Thursday, August 28, 2008

Baby Evie

Here is a pic of our new precious addition. Eve Suzanne Clark was born on August 27, 2008. She weighed a hefty 8 lbs 12 oz (a full 2 lbs heavier than Max was) and was 23 inches long (2 inches longer than Max was)! My dream of falling in love with an Amazon woman finally came true! Evie, as she's know by all those worthy, loves hiking, long walks on the beach and snuggling.


Don't let the first picture fool you. She didn't come out so clean. Evie was blessed with her daddy's appreciation of sponge baths. The following video is not intended for young audiences.




Here's a little clip of Evie just hanging out in here hospital bed.



Sarah was afraid that Evie might have inherited my explosive, unpredictable temper, so we thought it best to implement physical restraint. Best offense is a good defense, right? Oh, she's not actually shaped like a triangle. Eve always pulls her legs up into frog-ready-to-pounce position. I think it's because she heard that guys don't like tall girls.

10 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

Oh my goodness, she's so precious. I'm so glad you posted about her, Ryan! Good job:)

I can't wait to meet her. How long will they be in the hospital? When will you accept visitors at home?? How's Sarah?

Congratulations on your nina.

Erin said...

She is absolutely beautiful!!

harmsie said...

Way to go she is darling. My second baby was a chunker too. She is totally different from Ava but we love her no matter what enjoy her my babe is now six weeks and i feel like i was robed of time it went so fast. You make cute kids!

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

OH how CUTE!!!!! Yea I'm so glad someone else in the family finally produced an 8 pounder!!! Haha! I love the video clips!!! That totally made me want to have another one (yikes)! ;) I'm so excited that y'all have a little girl now!! YEA! How's Maximus?!? So, Corey is going out to sea sometime in October for about 8 days and I was thinking of making a road trip with the girls out to AZ...how would you feel about that? :)

nickel... said...

Sarah she is soo beautiful! I'm in love already! I can't wait to see pics of Max with her! :) I love her name, her crazy dark hair...everything!

Congrats! I love you too! :)

Jessie said...

She is fabulous! It must have something to do with her wonderful name, and all the other wonderful people who also have that name.

mamaste said...

oh, congratulations guys! how exciting.

she's a big one...and long. holy cow. good for her. and you...healthy!

hilarious post, too. laughed out loud a couple times. how's max doing with a lil sis?

Lauren said...

Nice job on the blogging Ryan, I'm impressed! Did you pick out the new background as well?

Sarah said...

Visitors can come anytime Stacie! We'd love to see you! Kim - of course you can come stay with us anytime! And Emily - Max is being pretty weird. He doesn't really want to talk to me or the baby, only Ryan. And, he insists that he is nursing his stuffed animals. Hopefully he gets everything figured out soon!

Anonymous said...

I gotta admit that your commentary is more entertaining than most...I rather enjoy the sarcastic remarks! The videos are awesome, I can't believe she came out with SO MUCH dark hair! My goodness she is gorgeous! :-)